view sourceprint? 01 Ramblings from a Ranch Wife: 2014 Goals

Random Thought:

"The darkest nights produce the brightest stars"
~


Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2014 Goals

I read somewhere that most New Year's Resolutions are broken within 2-3 weeks of setting them.  I am thinking that if I wait until mid-January to most my goals for this upcoming year, the odds will be more in my favor for success!  We shall see.  Keep your fingers crossed for me just in case!

My first goal is to write for 30 minutes everyday.  It doesn't have to be blog worthy.  It can simply be brainstorming blog and writing ideas, something that has been weighing on my mind, a grocery list, or even an email to a friend.  It just has to be 30 minutes of writing (or in the case of e-mail typing!).

Second, I want to write 2 handwritten letters a month to send snail mail.  Before internet, I had several friends that I kept in touch with through letters.  I anticipated the mail almost daily for letters from Becky, Tilly, Jamie, and Andrea.  In college my best friend Marva and I both looked forward to the beautiful letters her grandma Charlene would send her or the notes and cookies my grandma would send me.  It is just so nice to get something in the mail that isn't a bill or credit card application!  So, if you would like to receive a handwritten snail mail in 2014, email me at jenniferwhiteley@rocketmail.com and I will send you a note!

Thirdly, I want to cook more.  My boys and I eat every meal together at our kitchen table.  I think it would be better if more of those meals were made from scratch, and less convenience foods. Unfortunately some days it is too easy to whip up some Hamburger Helper or a frozen pizza instead of actually cooking something and I want to get a way from that.  I really need to make a stronger effort to make better meals for my family.

Lastly, I want to do more to promote Agriculture and to tell my story.  I want to use social media to promote my lifestyle in a positive manner.  I don't need some animal rights activist telling the world how I take care of my animals.  I need to be the person doing that.  I know better than anyone else how my cows and horses should be treated.  I also need to do a better job explaining why I am doing things the way I am doing them.  Most importantly though, I want to share my passion for ranching and my way of life.  I know who I want to tell my story, do you know who you want to tell yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment