I'm a list maker, and I have hundreds of my "lists" scattered everywhere. I even have an app on my iPhone for making lists! Sometimes they are just things that I need to do, like maybe laundry, defrost some meat, refill the propane tank for the bbq. Other times, my list includes favorite books, songs, or like today, quotes.
1. "For that pony had got tangled up in the cowboy’s heart strings a heap more than that cowboy wanted to let on even to himself. He couldn’t get away from how he missed him." ~ Will James This is from one of my favorite books, Smokey the Cowhorse. It speaks to my heart, because I have a pony that has "got tangled up" in my heart strings" too.
2. "I picked a good one it looked like it could run, up on his back and away I did ride" ~ Marty Robbins Who doesn't love Marty Robbins's gunfighter ballads, and the tail of the cowboy and "Wicked Falena?" I have always loved this line.
3. "I blindfold a bronc then step aboard this life wonderin and life before" ~ Adrian
4. "And though she be but little, she is fierce" ~ Shakespear I first heard this line in the movie Seabiscuit. While he was a boy, he was little and fierce. That horse had more heart and try than most twice his size. We often discount the little guy and think them weak or unworthy, while it is what they have inside that more than makes up for lack in stature.
5. "Would you like an adventure now, or shall we have our tea first?" ~ Peter Pan
6. "You don’t need no teeth for kissing gals or smokin cheap cigars" ~ Tom Russell Tonight We Ride. Just makes me giggle.
7. "Don’t you worry your pretty little mind people throw rocks at things that shine" ~ Taylor Swift
8. "I love you like a fat kid loves cake" But seriously, who doesn't love cake?
9. "Not all who wander are lost" ~ JR Tolken