view sourceprint? 01 Ramblings from a Ranch Wife: Conversations with Kids

Random Thought:

"The darkest nights produce the brightest stars"
~


Thursday, April 25, 2013

Conversations with Kids

When TR was 2, almost 3, we had this conversation....

TR: That is an ocean. There are sharks in it.
Mom: Nope, it's a reservoir, no sharks.
TR: How do you know?
Mom: Oceans are salt water, reservoirs are fresh water. This is fresh water.
TR: I don't think you know what you are talking about.
Mom: Yes I do, that's not an ocean.
TR: I think you are lying to me.
Mom: Why would I do such a thing? I wouldn't lie to you. Besides that, oceans are really big, you can't see across them, and it takes days and days and days to get across one. We can see the other side of this one. It's a reservoir.
TR: It's okay mom. Even though you are being naughty and lying to me I still love you.
End of discussion.

2 comments:

  1. Oh em gee... your boys! It's too funny how they'll question our answers to their questions... like we would tell them a windy.

    Hope the weekend is great, gal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! They make me smile! We are off to brand calves both Saturday and Sunday, gonna be a great weekend! Hope your's is wonderful too!

      Delete