view sourceprint? 01 Ramblings from a Ranch Wife: Currently

Random Thought:

"The darkest nights produce the brightest stars"
~


Friday, January 11, 2013

Currently

Listening:  The playlist I finally figured out how to download to my iPhone.  It includes Waylon Jennings, Pink, Marty Robbins, Nickleback, and Colder Weather by the Zac Brown Band, which I am listening to right now.

Eating:  Nothing.  Just finished dinner.  Spaghetti...yuck!

Drinking:  Spiced Apple Cider from Costco.  Where else can you get a million single serve packets for $5?

Wearing:  Feeding clothes.  Long underwear, wool socks, ratty jeans, wife beater tee, long sleeve tee, fuchsia hoodie.  Good thing I haven't seen anyone today, I look pretty much like I could care less how I look.  Which I actually could care less today.

Feeling:  Tired, sore, blue.  Long day.  Feeding takes so much longer with fresh snow.  Our pick up is a piece of junk.  I got tired of bouncing around the cab of the tractor with the Cow Boss, 2 boys and a jack wiener, that I decided to walk home in a blizzard.  In snow up to my knees.  1 mile.  I tweaked my hip wading through a drift.  I'm starting to get the winter blues.  I hate the winter blues.

Weather:  Cold,  right now it is 18* outside, the wind is howling, snow is drifting and according to my phone we should get more snow.

Wanting:  A warm bath, glass of wine, and a good book to curl up with.

Needing:  A hug and 5 minutes peace and quiet.

Thinking:  About going to bed.

Enjoying:  The thought that summer will be here in 5 months.

2 comments:

  1. Loved this!! And I'm basically wearing the same thing, complete with the "I don't care what I look like" attitude!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in good company if that is the case Liz!

      Delete