This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things that I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of my health. Want to enter? Head over to TodaysMama.com to get the details.
1. Take TR and QT to Disney World in Orlando Florida. My sister and I got to go when I was about 4 years old. I don't remember much of the trip, just that it was magical!
2. Take TR and QT to the ocean so maybe they can see a real shark! TR is fascinated with sharks (and dinosaurs, but where would I take him to see a live dinosaur?). Every large body of water we come to he thinks is an ocean and it has sharks. It would be awesome to be able to show him a real ocean and sharks.
3. Show a horse at the Elko County Fair, and do well. Meet Max. He just turned 2 this July. Max is short for Maximus because he is huge. I hope to show him at the fair.
4. Win the Women's Branding Contest at the Elko County Fair.
5. Win the Coed Branding Contest at the Elko County Fair with the Cowboss. I love roping with the Cowboss. I've never won a buckle in anything. I think that winning a buckle roping with him would be the best thing in the whole wide world! =)
6. Own my own home/ranch. Because who wouldn't?
7. Visit Ireland. I've always wanted to go.
8. Visit Australia.
9. Be a grandma, but not for at least 20 years! My boys are 2 and 4, if they have kids before I am 40, something will be seriously wrong!
10. Raise my boys to be happy, healthy, adults.
11. Never miss an opportunity to tell someone I love them.
12. Successfully bake an Angel Food Cake from scratch without if falling out of the pan. Lets face it, this is a pretty lofty goal, and I may not be able to do it until I am a grandma! I haven't even attempted it yet. I remember being young and my mom banishing us from the kitchen, and house if the weather permitted while baking an Angel Food Cake. Something tells me that with my little boys in the house, my cake would fall for sure. My mom makes the best Angel Food cakes.
13. Write a book. Whether it is a cookbook or photography book, I'm not picky, I just want to be published someday!
14. Run in a marathon. Maybe not a marathon, but a race of some sort. I don't even have to win, just to say that I did it. My motto has always been "Why run if nobody's chasing you!" I'm hoping to change that in 2012.
15. Go to Churchill Downs for the Kentucky Derby, and not sit in the cheap seats! I first Visited Churchill Downs when I was a Sophomore in High School, and have been back a few times since, just never to actually watch the Derby.
What's on your bucket list?
Mad About Turquoise with The Mad Cow Company
8 months ago