view sourceprint? 01 Ramblings from a Ranch Wife: "We wanna brand calves!"

Random Thought:

"The darkest nights produce the brightest stars"
~


Saturday, April 2, 2011

"We wanna brand calves!"


TR finally got his wish.  After begging his mom for 2 weeks to go brand calves we finally had the opportunity to go!  I have to admit we are kind of redneck.  We throw the boys int he back of the pick up and leave them there.  When you think about it though, it is the safest place to be.  Especially if mom is kind of selfish and would rather be dragging calves to the fire instead of kids out of the way!


My kids weren't the only ones there either.  My sister in law brought her 3 girls out and they kept the boys entertained.  Last year we put the portable play pen on the flat bed pick up for the boys to play in.  They are too big now!  It was the nicest day we have had all year, and we even took off our sweaters!  Even though the boys were pretty busy playing, TR did take time out to watch is dad rope a few.



I believe this is the loop that TR yelled out "Goodt loop DadT"  I have to admit it was a pretty nice back hand.  We aren't sure where TR gets the German accent either!



Uncle Isaac got in on the action and roped a few too.



When we got everything branded and turned out QT took a ride with mom.  I have to thank my sister in law for sneaking a picture of QT and I.  Most days I am behind the camera and have very few pictures of myself with my little cowboys.

We are so blessed to be able to raise our boys the way we were raised.  To put down roots and teach our babies the importance of family, and to foster a love of the out doors and horses!  Next time there just might be pictures of my little cowboys riding calves!

No comments:

Post a Comment