view sourceprint? 01 Ramblings from a Ranch Wife: Conversations with a 3 and 5 year old.

Random Thought:

"The darkest nights produce the brightest stars"
~


Monday, January 14, 2013

Conversations with a 3 and 5 year old.

TR:  "Why do we have to feed cows EVERYday?" 

Mom:  "Because cows are hungry.  It's our job to take care of them.  I make sure you have food to eat every morning, then we make sure the cows do too."

TR:  "Why do we have to feed cows hay when there is all this grass here?

Mom:  "This grass isn't very palatable.  It doesn't taste good to cows."

TR:  "How do you know?"  (Think he is being a pill and wants to argue?).

Mom:  "It is coarse and rank slew grass.  If it tasted good, the cows would have already eaten it."

QT:  "Well then, why isn't it slewing?"

Mom:  "Good question.  How exactly does one slew?"

QT:  Shrugs shoulders.

TR:  "I AM not going to be a cowboy when I grow up."

Mom:  "That's fine.  You can be anything you want to, just as long as you try hard and you do your best.  No matter what you choose to be, sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do.  You still have to do them."

TR:  "I know."

QT:  "I will be a cowboy when I grow up.  A cowboy soldier guy."

Mom:  "That's great!"

TR:  "I guess I will be a cowboy on my days off, when I'm not fighting in battles and saving girls from bad guys.  Did you know QT has a girlfriend?"

Mom:  "Really?  QT, is this true?"

QT:  "Yep.  Pais-lee.  Not our Paisley, but Andy's Pais-lee."

Mom:  "Does your brother have a girlfriend?"

TR:  "No, I don't.  I can't think of any girls I want for a girlfriend."

Mom:  "I see.  That's okay, isn't it?"

TR:  "I guess."

Later......

TR:  "Dad, who is your girlfriend?"  Mom raises eyebrows...

Dad:  "I can't answer that right now."

TR:  "Why?"

Dad:  "Your mom is sitting right here."

TR:  "Doesn't she know your girlfriend?"

Dad:  "Maybe she's my girlfriend.  What makes you think I need a girlfriend?"

TR:  "QT has a girlfriend.  You need a girlfriend so Valentine's Day will be for you.  It's a lovers holiday."

Oh the things you learn while feeding cows!

1 comment: