view sourceprint? 01 Ramblings from a Ranch Wife: And she cooks too!

Random Thought:

"The darkest nights produce the brightest stars"
~


Sunday, January 2, 2011

And she cooks too!

I invented my own recipe the other day, and it was pretty good.  Long story short, I impressed myself!  So I thought I would share it with you!

What you need:
1 crock pot
2-3 Chicken breasts
3 colorful bell peppers
1 big purple onion
1 small can of unsweetened pineapple juice
1/3 c. Captain Morgan Rum  "And why is the rum gone?!!" as my favorite pirate says!
1/4 c. plus 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce (bug juice as we call it at home) divided
2 T. brown sugar
1 T. Fresh grated ginger (go with the fresh stuff, not the dried stuff!  I keep mine whole in the freezer and grate off what I need when I need it).
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. Ground red pepper
2-3 T. Corn Starch
1 lg can of crushed pineapple

How you do it:

Put pineapple juice, rum, 1/4 c. soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and red pepper into crock pot and stir together.  Add your chicken, put the lid on, crank up to high, and forget about it!  Let it cook until it is cooked to death, and chicken pretty much falls apart.  I think I forgot about mine for 5 or 6 hours!  I also put the chicken in frozen....  Anyway, after the chicken easily shreds with a fork add chopped onion, pineapple, and bell peppers.  I used 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 orange bell pepper because they were what I had and they needed to be used.  Combine corn starch and remaining soy sauce in a small bowl with a whisk until there are no lumps or bumps in it.  Add to the crock pot and cook for an additional hour or veggies are tender.

Serve with rice if desired or eat straight from the pot.  Well don't really eat it straight from the pot because it gets really hot, and will cool faster in a smaller bowl!

Enjoy!  And if you have any good ideas on a name let me know!

2 comments: