view sourceprint? 01 Ramblings from a Ranch Wife: Menu Monday

Random Thought:

"The darkest nights produce the brightest stars"
~


Monday, April 7, 2014

Menu Monday

Today started off with me working on my weekly menu plan.  That fell by the wayside as the day happened and after working on taxes, sales and use tax, some bills and a trip to Hunter.  I am just now finishing up my menu.

Weekly Menu.  I get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest, so here is a link to my Weekly Menu Board where I have pinned a few recipes that I want to try this week.

Monday:
Leftovers (I kind of forgot I had a meeting tonight, and didn't get anything in the crockpot before I left this morning).

Tuesday:
Italian Drip Beef
Cabbage Salad
Sourdough Biscuits

Wednesday:
French Dip Sandwiches
Butternut Squash
Green Salad

Thursday:
Crock Pot Meatloaf
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Jello Salad

Friday and Saturday:
Branding Calves in Mountain City

Sunday:
Grilled Balsamic Flank Steak
Ranch Potatoes
Sourdough Biscuits.

If you haven't noticed, there are 2 things my family likes.  Meat and Sourdough Biscuits.  It has taken me a year, but I have finally mastered sourdough biscuits.

Today's Meat Eater Monday Recipe:

Tri Tip.  One of my absolute favorite cuts of beef.  I found this recipe on Pinterest awhile back for Santa Maria Tri Tip Roast and thought it sounded good.  This is my spin on it.

Ingredients:

1 Tri Tip Roast

Dry Rub
2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup brown sugar

Basting Sauce
1 tsp dry mustard
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 cloves crushed garlic

Directions:

Preheat broiler to high.  Combine all dry rub ingredients and rub on beef.  Add basting sauce ingredients to remaining rub.  Place meat on a broiler pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, turning then basting every 3-4 minutes, until center of meat reaches your desired doneness.

Very easy and very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment