view sourceprint? 01 Ramblings from a Ranch Wife: I miss.....

Random Thought:

"The darkest nights produce the brightest stars"
~


Saturday, December 22, 2012

I miss.....

I miss being able to saddle up a horse and ride somewhere where I don't see another person for hours if I don't want to.

I miss the jingle of my old dog "Buck's" tags as he follows me through the brush in the early morning when I would ride my colt.

I miss the days when going to class required a roll out of bed into whatever clothes I felt like and a ball cap.

I miss late nights in Elko and early mornings back to home to help at the ranch.

I miss watching the sun rising as we left Stockman's.

I love waking up cuddled between a little boy and a rat terrier.

I love going to bed at a decent hour and waking up early, knowing what I will be doing that day.

I don't miss roommate drama.

I don't miss feeling lousy all day because I played to hard the night before.

Isn't it funny how our lives and priorities change?

I still miss saddling a young horse and riding somewhere, nowhere in particular and not seeing or hearing anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment