view sourceprint? 01 Ramblings from a Ranch Wife: A Really Good Cake Recipe!

Random Thought:

"The darkest nights produce the brightest stars"
~


Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Really Good Cake Recipe!



(This isn't my cake.  I was too lazy to take a picture, but thanks to the joys of the internet, I was able to find one!)

I love to cook, I just hate to do the cleanup afterwards! Here is an awesome, easy, delicious cake that has little clean up! Plus, it is made from things that you probably have in your pantry.  I also love simple recipes that are easy to follow!  This recipe comes from the Jackson Mountain Homemaker's Partyline Cookbook.

Pineapple Cream Cake
2c. flour
2c. sugar
2 eggs
2tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 can crushed pineapple, juice and all

Mix all ingredients by had. Bake in a greased 9" by 13" pan at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool.

Icing:
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1/2c. softened butter
1 1/3c. powder sugar
1tsp vanilla

Beat icing ingredients together until creamy and ice cake. Top with chopped walnuts if desired.

The gal who gave me the recipe has been proposed to over this cake several times....It's that good!

1 comment:

  1. Since facebook isn't posting your blog very well anymore I'll see if Yahoo will send it too me!
    Sylvan

    ReplyDelete